Whether you want to start your blog or a website for your business, shared or shared hosting is the most affordable hosting option on the market. You can host your website for just $ 1 per month and even enjoy extra perks like a website builder or a one-click app installer.
However, shared hosting is not always the ideal solution. This is because the speed and performance of your website may be affected if there is a sudden spike in traffic to another site on the shared server. For all of these reasons, it’s worth making sure that you choose the right web host.
A web host who will take your business seriously, and who won’t just add your site to a poorly maintained and overcrowded server. We’ve tested dozens of managed hosting providers, and we’re here to help you choose the best one for your specific needs.
InMotion Hosting – The Best Selection of Features
InMotion Hosting is a mid-range shared hosting provider, getting your website live will be quick and easy. You can install over 400 apps (including WordPress and Drupal) with just one click.
InMotion Hosting offers some great features for advanced users, including SSH access. All InMotion shared hosting plans come with a free security suite including SSL certificate, hacker protection, free automatic backups, and DDoS attack protection.
The packages also include marketing tools that can help you get the most out of your online presence, such as free ad credits and visitor statistics – the more expensive the package, the better the benefits. They also offer a free migration service. Check out the InMotion Hosting Black Friday Discounts and save your huge money.
- Getting started is easy, with emails containing all the information you need.
- InMotion Hosting provides a 99.9% uptime guarantee even further by providing a real-time network and server status page that allows you to check if there is an issue with the server (or s). it’s just a problem with your website).
- The supplier is not pushing you to make a long-term commitment to the best deals because the price differences are insignificant.
- InMotion gives you great value for money: even the most basic plan includes two websites, a free domain, and a free SSL certificate.
- A generous 90-day money-back guarantee applies.
- InMotion Hosting’s data centers are all based in the United States. This is great for US customers but not for customers in the rest of the world, as site visitors may experience longer load times.
- To prevent fraud, InMotion uses a telephone verification system. You will therefore have to wait for a call from a technical support agent before your account is activated. This process is not very convenient for non-US customers due to time zone differences.
- InMotion does not (yet) offer NGINX, a server configuration that may improve page load speed.
WP Engine’s managed WordPress hosting packages include the Genesis Framework for WordPress (valued at around $ 60) and over 35 StudioPress themes. With these tools, you can build a stunning website in minutes at your fingertips,.
Other features include a global CDN (“Content Delivery Network”) for your visitors to benefit from a faster page load speed, as well as three different “environments” (development, staging), production) so that you can test your website before going live.
- Pages will load faster with WP Engine’s “aggressive caching”.
- WP Engine handles the security of your website for you.
- The quality to price ratio is excellent. WP Engine is not as cheap as other web hosts. Still, the perks you get are much more interesting: automatic backups, security, WordPress server optimization, Genesis Framework, and StudioPress themes, etc.
- SSL certificates are installed on your websites automatically.
- WP Engine can provide you with specialist support for WordPress issues.
- WP Engine does not host a DNS server. So you have to go through a (relatively complicated) process to configure your DNS records so that your website can go live.
- Some WordPress plugins are “unauthorized” due to conflicts with the WP Engine platform, including Jetpack related posts, WordFence, “Broken Link Checker”, and Fuzzy SEO Booster.
Granted, Hostinger’s Single package is somewhat limited. However, the Premium and Business plans offer additional features including a free domain name and SSL certificate, as well as better server-side processing power.
Hostinger promises a 99.9% uptime guarantee. Hence in case if your site’s monthly uptime is less than 99.9%, you will be reimbursed for the downtime. Additionally, all plans include weekly backups, and the Business plan includes daily backups.
- If you are a beginner, you will like the included Zyro Builder website builder as it will make building your site so much easier. Zyro has a “drag-and-drop” interface, nearly 200 templates, and even basic e-commerce functionality.
- Premium and Business plans have no limitations in terms of the number of websites, SSD disk space, bandwidth, and MySQL databases.
- Don’t let the low prices fool you: Hostinger uses cutting edge technology, including NGINX caching, PHP 7, GZIP compression, and HTTP / 2.
- The customer support team is excellent, with live chat agents available 24/7 and fast response times.
- Hosting operates a customer loyalty program for web hosting and domain renewal, which means you’ll get better prices when you renew your hosting (unlike other web hosts, who charge up to 500% more after the initial period!).
- Hostinger does not use the traditional cPanel panel but offers a custom dashboard instead. Although it is easy to use, it is worth highlighting the lack of some of the advanced features of cPanel.
- SSL certificates are only available as part of the Business plan (the most expensive method).
- Live chat is only available to registered customers, which means there is no easy way to ask questions before committing to a plan.
You will notice that our list of the best-shared hosting does not mention the big names in the industry which usually appear at the top of our online best of. This is because we are committed to providing you with honest reviews.
All of the mentioned providers deserve their place on this list because of what they offer you. These shared hosting packages guarantee you the best value for money and offer you exceptional features.